New year, new me, new site name, new links. You know the drill; here’s the internet’s finest content, scavenged, foraged, and brought to you by yours truly.
- Look to your right. Keep going forward. You have entered The Bench Dimension.
- From ‘respair’ to ‘cacklefart’, the joy of reclaiming positive words — my favourite of these has to be ‘confelicity’, the opposite of schadenfreude: being happy because someone else is happy.
- The iceberg of obscure unsolved mysterious, paranormal things, and general strange ‘Forteana’ — 90% bullshit, but isn’t that what makes these things fun?
- Similarly, here’s one for anthropology and archæology — absolutely fascinating, and with less… you know, bullshit [54 minutes]
- And one for Radiohead. I was able to find most of them, but what the hell is “Ivory Hands, Not Anyone’s”?
- Eating at the world’s worst Michelin-star restaurant
- Why The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best adaptation of Dickens’ original novel
- David Bowie’s first ever appearance on television, 1970 [4½ minutes]
- What the internet did to Garfield [1 hour, 20 minutes]