The Author ThemselfOr: Who does this guy think they areis, anyway?
English | Nederlands | toki pona | Esperanto
Oh, hello! My name is Marijn0 Florence1 Robert2 [Lastname].3 I'm a Dutch citizen residing in Northern England (help).
Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah.
To be fair...
I'm non-binary (more specifically, genderfluid); i go by they/them, ve/vem/vir4, he/him, and she/her, although if you're going to pick one, i'd suggest you go with one of the gender-neutral ones. (if you refresh the page the pronouns used in the header will probably change!)
I'm alſo a Pagan who worſhips Apóllōn, Diónysos, Gæa, Hermês, and Hermaphróditos; you can ſee my ſhrines to Them here.
As you may have noticed while browsing this site, i have a number of idiosyncracies in how i use the English language. You can see a full list on my internal style guide, but the major ones are:
- I like to lowercase the first-person pronoun "i" when it wouldn't otherwise be capitalised. I used to gripe about the arbitrary capitalisation a lot but i have decided to BE THE CHANGE I WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD
- I use ligatures for <æ> and <œ> in words like fœtus, æsthetics, and diæresis.
- Speaking of diæreses, i use them to seperate out vowels in words like reëntry, poëtic, and zoölogy.
- In matters relating to the Theoí, i typeſet Their names in small caps and uſe the long s (ſ).
- Finally, unless otherwise written, i write all my dates in the Holocene Era instead of the Common Era, so that the current year is not 2020, but 12020. It avoids all that faffing around with no year 0 and BCE dates, and it's.... sliiightly more culturally neutral?
+---------------------+ |\* marijnflorence. */| |\\ neocities.org //| | _\~._.~='*'=~._.~/_ | || * <+ -> * || || \ . `O' , / || ||--+_| + |_+--|| || `\ /' || || ,~. (@)~(@) ,~. || ||~'@@( )'(@)`( )@@`~|| ||@@@@@( )( ( )( )@@@|| ::@@@( )@( )( ) )@@@@:: \\@@@( ) )( ) )@@@@// \\@@@@( )( )@@@@@// \\@@@@@( )@@@@@// `:\@@@@*@@@@/:' `:-.@@@.-;' `-----'← Back to home
Page created: 12020-02-02
Page last updated: 12020-03-30