things i would like to add to my site
This site is a perpetual work in progress. I have a lot of half-baked ideas; don't expect, like, half of these to come to fruïtion.
- Move to a “real” host. I love Neocities with all my heart and know that if i moved away it’d probably decimate (in the Roman sense) the number of people who come to visit this site, but it is slowly killing me that The Garden is such a faff to update and can’t support comments in any easy-to-use way without being dependent on some skeevy outside service or forcing everyone to email them in like it’s 1995.
- getting the holocene history page into a decent state — something about the form it takes now is just distinctly not how i want it to be. i dunno — also, add more non-Western history!
- redoing the ranking of every the 1975 song to account for Notes on a Conditional Form and it generally needing a redesign. a wip design is available here
- meer pagina’s in het nederlands (kaj eble esperanto?) vertalen — ook op de tuin/the garden; geen idee hoe dat zou werken
- a JS converter between gregorian and attic calendars. start progress by making a lunar phase widget for the sidebar of the garden, maybe?
- All my conlangs are in desperate need of some TLC, and it'd be nice to work on them out in the open on here — the issue is that HTML is a bit of a pain to write documentation in, and things like glosses need specialised formating (classes and such) that isn't available in things like Markdown. The aforementioned conlangs:
- Pumwanı: My first big project, and it kind of shows; i've been thinking of doing a revamp. Colour theme for page: White background; blue text; orange accent colour. Probably very “Scandinavian” in design sensibilities?
- Są̂qʌk: Haven't worked on it as much as i wanted to. Probably needs some revision in the cultural sensitivity department. Colour theme for page: Lots of green. That's all i'm sure of.
- On that note — Basa de Dunya’s page needs a bit more… whimsy. I think i’ll try to code in something like the flipping paper cards from the main conlangs page